SOS stands for Save Our Students.
S.O.S. is all about fun and promoting a healthy lifestyle. We love to have fun, dance, be at the beach with bonfires or all “hang” and watch a movie together. To embrace and enjoy our teenage years. It’s all about goofing off, being silly, talking “teen” stuff among our friends without the use and abuse of drugs and alcohol.
The club is a healthy, safe place for students who do not want to use drugs or alcohol and a place of recovery for students who need to get back on the right path to a healthy life. Health, wellness and prevention are the priority at SOS.
The club at San Clemente High was founded by Sophia Spralja but modeled after the successful Dana Point High School program. Our on-campus advisors are Mrs. Kerr and Susan Parmalee. Susan Parmelee is the director of SCHS Wellness and Prevention Program.
- To promote health and wellness in our community
- To celebrate an alcohol and drug free lifestyle for teens by teens.
- To provide guidance, education, and assistance to teens and families, with regards to health and wellness issues.
- To provide parents and teens education to identify alcohol, drug use or health issues within their family and friends.
- To help teens overcome peer pressure.
- To provide a safe “party” place in which teens can have fun without the pressure to use drugs or drink alcohol.
- To reach out and help our community through volunteer opportunities.